Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thrylle Trilogy

Switched By Amanda Hocking. I have to say I give it two thumbs up. I really didn't know what to expect when I downloaded this on to my kindle. How ever after the first few pages she had me hook line sinker. Sucked in! You can see Hockings love for John Hughes movies in this book you can see it being a movie.  This is the first book in her Thrylle Series and the whole series is just as amazing as this book.
“Finn: I look at you because I can't look away.Wendy: That's kinda creepy.Finn: I will work on being less creepy then.”
“Finn was here, but he had made it perfectly clear that his only interest in me was business."
Its a story of a girl who on her 6th birthday her mom is welding a knife at her. She later finds out she is a changeling and from there her life changed.






The second book in the Thrylle Series. Amanda did it again another two thumbs up. Loved this book and where it takes you. Thank you Amanda for writing these books. I had not really read anything urban fantasy until these books. A million Thank Yous! This book is perfect for someone ages 16 and up. I really enjoyed this one. Great story line again. I was hoping for some more action and with this book I got just that great action. I felt like I was right in there running down the stairs and fighting along side of them.

"I don’t need love or a man to complete me, and someday, you’ll find that’s true for yourself. Suitors will come and go, but you will remain"










Last but not least Ascend! I was a little slow getting into this book. I think  it was hard for me because the action was not there right away. I was sucked in the second book and with the third one it took a little while for me.  Once in it got better I was hoping for a different ending. However I seen it coming.


If your looking for a starter series to get you into a urban fantasy book this is a good starter set up. Very good if your looking for something for you teen age daughter to read. Loved this set!

No comments:

Post a Comment