Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fallen Star

Just Finished today! The Fallen Star By Jessica Sorensen!
For eighteen year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. Up until recently, she has been incapable of feeling emotion. And when she’s around Alex, the gorgeous new guy at school, she can feel electricity that makes her skin buzz. Not to mention the monsters that haunt her nightmares have crossed over into real-life. But with Alex seeming to hate her and secrets popping up everywhere, Gemma’s life is turning into a chaotic mess. Things that shouldn’t be real suddenly seem to exist. And as her world falls apart, figuring out the secrets of her past becomes a matter of life and death.

I fell in love with this book just by looking at the cover. I was enticed by the girl with the purple eyes.  I was not impressed to start out with. However the book grew on me as we went on. I loved the sparks that happen between Gemma and Alex the way you can feel how she feels when he brushes the back of her neck.  I don't think I cared for her visions and how she jumped in and out of them at first but it did help with the telling of the story. I had a feeling of where the book was going as I read on. I was not really surprised by the charters in the book or the way the story played out. The teenaged angst and anguish was enough to kill me at some points. I really felt for Gemma as she watched herself in some of her visions. I honstly had a hard time getting threw this book but I think its because it didn't have enough action at first there is so many times you can read about the Death Walkers in the forest coming to get her. 

I have a few excerpts from the book to share with you..

Don't get me wrong; I could still walk, talk, breathe, and function, I just couldn't feel any emotions. Ever.

I had felt the strangest thing I had ever felt-- this overwhelming sadness building up inside me. Seconds later, I was crying, real tears and everything. It was weird.

My legs were way too long, My skin far to pale, and my eyes.... they were violet. yes weird, I know.  But it fit right in with everything else that had to do with me. 

Now I know eavesdroppin is very bad. And I did feel a little bit bad for doing it but who on earth would be talking about me; me  Gemma Lucas the invisible-barley- known girl that hardly spoke to anyone.

" For the same reason you didn't know what ;your were. People are excellent at keeping secrets."  "Yes they are." I agreed

I quickly turned my head away, feeling stupid. Could it be true? Could I be sittin in the desert next to a vampire, all while harboring the energy of a fallen star inside me?

and lastly the final one

What if I was allowed to have those kinds of feelings for him? the ones that I was feeling right now, but knew I wasn't supposed to be feeling.  Would things have been different between us? 


The Second book for the Fallen Star Series
The Underworld to be Released the day after my Birthday JULY 31st! Which is exciting!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment