Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My First ARC Review

  So I am SUPER excited to say that I got a chance to read this book. So with out further ado
A modern retelling of the German fairy tale "Tristan and Isolde," Tris and Izzie is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until -- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.    goodreads.com

I first just want to say Thank you Mette Ivie Harrison! This book was amazing I couldn't put it down. It had all the right elements to this book. Love, hate, magic, and action all at the right moments. I have never been so happy to see two characters end up together. I loved Izzie for her trying to stay with mark and not fall for Tris but really come one if you burn for someone then you should go for it. However the steps it took for her to realize who she was really burning for took her awhile. Part of the book I wanted to jump in and go girl what the heck have you not seen him.The other half was like well are you going to kiss him already or what. I loved the way this book flowed I could see each thing as it took place from the "pit" where everyone hangs out, to the school being crushed by a supposed earth quake.  I hope to read a continuation of this story soon I wold love to see what Tris and Izzie are up to in the next book along with the others. I have to say that this is a great YA book with just the right elements in it to keep you reading.

So here is a little Summary from me....

Izzie is just your normal everyday high schooler in love with the star basketball player who is the most popular boy in school and has a great best friend. Izzie's mom well she is a witch and her dad well he died trying to save Izzie.  One day while coming off the bus and walking toward her boyfriend Izzie sees this boy who is just out of place handsome and all she starts falling for him right away. Izzie however had other plans for him. She was going to give her best friend some love potion ( taken from her moms cabinet and give it to him and her) little does she know that she would end up being the one to drink it. Not long after this there are things that start happening around her and Tris. She finds out what she really is and what really happened to her dad.

I enjoyed this book so much I think that I will have to get this book as soon as it come out. One because hello have you seen the cover and two I want to read this again and again. It really was that amazing.

You must go and get this book REALLY ITS AMAZING!



1 comment:

  1. Looking so romantic and great, Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting information here.Register a Domain

    ReplyDelete