Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Body Finder!

So I am Back if you have not seen... I just finished The Body Finder


A gripping tale of a girl with a morbid ability that could lead her to a killer . . . and the boy who would never let anything happen to her.
Sixteen-year-old Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her unusual so-called gift. While her confusing feelings for her best friend are new, she has been able to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered—and the imprints that attach to their killers since she was a little girl. Violet has never considered her ability useful, but now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.
Fiercely protective of her, Jay agrees to help Violet search for the murderer. But even as she's falling in love, Violet is getting closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.  From amazon.com

 I was a little afraid to read this book. I have heard mixed reviews on it. However I liked it! It was not one that I can say was an all time favorite but it was very good.  The friendship that Violet and Jay start out with remind me of a friendship I had when I was in high school as well. I loved the connection that they had. However it was kind of strange to me at first how he just kept popping up in places when she thought no one was following her. I at one point thought the killer was going to be Jay.  I think that the way she finds the bodies is different I could total see her becoming a detective using her skills and not telling anyone how she finds them. Violet I am surprised I thought she would have been more of a cast out then what she was a little geekier.  I wish there would have been more of a confrontation between Lissie and Violet I would have liked to see that.  But all in all this book was alright. I also for the first time put the book trailer with the review.





1 comment:

  1. John Michael CummingsDecember 22, 2011 at 5:59 AM

    re: book review request by award-winning author

    Dear KZ Book Blog:

    I'm an award-winning author with a new book of fiction out this fall. Ugly To Start With is a series of thirteen interrelated stories about childhood published by West Virginia University Press.

    Can I interest you in reviewing it?

    If you write me back at johnmcummings@aol.com, I can email you a PDF of my book. If you require a bound copy, please ask, and I will forward your reply to my publisher. Or you can write directly to Abby Freeland at:

    Abby.Freeland@mail.wvu.edu

    My publisher, I should add, can also offer your readers a free excerpt of my book through a link from your blog to my publisher's website:
    http://wvupressonline.com/cummings_ugly_to_start_with_9781935978084

    Here’s what Jacob Appel, celebrated author of
    Dyads and The Vermin Episode, says about my new collection: "In Ugly to Start With, set in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia, Cummings tackles the challenges of boyhood adventure and family conflict in a taut, crystalline style that captures the triumphs and tribulations of small-town life. He has a gift for transcending the particular experiences to his characters to capture the universal truths of human affection and suffering--emotional truths that the members of his audience will recognize from their own experiences of childhood and adolescence.”

    My short stories have appeared in more than seventy-five literary journals, including North American Review, The Kenyon Review, Alaska Quarterly Review, and The Chattahoochee Review. Twice I have been nominated for The Pushcart Prize. My short story "The Scratchboard Project" received an honorable mention in The Best American Short Stories 2007.

    I am also the author of the nationally acclaimed coming-of-age novel The Night I Freed John Brown (Philomel Books, Penguin Group, 2009), winner of The Paterson Prize for Books for Young Readers (Grades 7-12) and one of ten books recommended by USA TODAY.

    For more information about me, please visit:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Michael_Cummings

    Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

    Kindly,

    John Michael Cummings

    ReplyDelete